Rahu is considered a malefic planet with adverse effects. Rahu mahadasha is of 18years. Rahu does not have its own house and usually alters the effect of the house and the planet it is placed in. Rahu is known to confer laziness, delays, and bad influences & addictive habits. Besides, there could be dangers from evil creatures and abusive substances. If it is well placed in the chart, it can have spectacular career, politics, and relocation to foreign lands. Rahu is compatible with Mercury, Venus, and Saturn, Inimical to Sun, Moon, and Mars; Neutral to Jupiter.
Rahu Mahadasha will have the following effects,
- Enmity at work, neighborhood, and among friends might result
- Native’s mother may face health disorders and misery
- Health issues due to addictive habits, urinary and venereal diseases
- Disputes with spouse and children, relatives.
- Stagnation in job or business expansions
- Unmanageable expenses, depletion of wealth
- Risk of accidents and animal bites.
- The positive position of the Rahu planet in the birth chart reverses all the negative effects.
- It makes the native friendly, authoritative and knowledgeable. Bestows all forms of Bhoga-comforts and luxuries.
Rahu Mahadasha Rahu Antardasha
Rahu in both Dasa and Bhukti worsens the malefic effect. One might go through several hurdles and physical injuries as well. The effects of Rahu dasa – Rahu Bhukti are,
- Separation from the family-like divorce or transfer to foreign lands for jobs
- Victim of deception or scams
- Prone to anxiety, mental stress.
- Several conflicts with the family members
- The family could face dangers
- Danger from strangers, weapons.
- Distress to wife and children
Rahu Mahadasha Jupiter Antardasha
Jupiter is a powerful planet, and it neutralizes all the ill effects from Rahu and enhances the dasabhukti period. If Jupiter is weak in the birth chart, it can have adverse effects.
- Increased progress in professional life and personal life
- Intellect, knowledge, and wisdom
- Spiritual Inclination, religious deeds, and pilgrimages
- Newfound respect in the society and fame.
- Purchase of house and inheritance of fortunes
- Successful completion of overseas business ventures and return to the homeland
- Negative effects might include loss of assets, legal disputes for wealth, and health distress; some adverse effects like premature death.
Rahu Mahadasha Saturn Antardasha
The combination of Saturn and Rahu causes adverse effects and leaves painful experiences. However, these planets are compatible with each other, and this might produce some good impacts. The effects of Rahu dasa – Ketu Bhukti are,
- Positive effects like marriage, sudden gain of wealth, and good fortune can result
- Negative effects are bad temperaments, unsympathetic and hostile behavior with the terrible aftermath
- Loss of job due to anger and infuriation
- Leaving home due to fights and misunderstandings
- Accidents, physical injury, and digestive or blood-related ailments
- Landing in low-paying jobs, black collared jobs.
- Danger from servants, subordinates
Rahu Mahadasha Mercury Antardasha
Mercury can overpower the negative effects of Rahu, and also Rahu is friendly towards Mercury. The effects of this dasabhukti are,
- Mercury’s influence makes the native highly intellectual, sane, and sincere
- Mercury paves the way to resolve all the hurdles of Rahu dasha
- Better health status and fresh mind.
- Increase in wealth and finances
- Happiness and wellbeing of family
- Danger from poisonous bites or fear of theft, robbery is one of the dominant effects of Rahu dasha.
- Native misuses power/authority, trivial lies, and unwanted quarrels
Rahu Mahadasha Ketu Antardasha
Rahu and Ketu both exert malefic effects and rule the extreme opposite dimensions of life. Rahu-Bhoga and Ketu- Moksha.
- This dasabhukti is a period of stress and strains; ill physical health, too much anxiety is common in this phase.
- Detachment from family, bitterness from spouse and children
- Fights at work, de-promotions, change of jobs.
- Defamation and unnecessary blame.
- Some wealth gains based on the position of Rahu in the chart
Rahu Mahadasha Venus Antardasha
Venus is a benefic planet that positively impacts an individual, but in the case of weak planetary placements, results could appear malefic.
- New romantic relationships, attraction to the opposite gender can result in entanglements.
- Excess hard work for simple activities and sometimes these efforts can even go futile.
- Sexually transmitted diseases and infections
- Separation from father or son due to work.
- Anguish towards spouse and family members.
- Some positive effects like the new house, wealth through a spouse, and the birth of a son
Rahu Mahadasha Sun Antardasha
Though Sun is inimical to Rahu, it is the highly influential planet that can alleviate most of the ill effects from Rahu.
- This dasabhukti makes a native assertive, directional and ambitious
- Spiritual pursuits and pious nature
- Gain of power, good reputation, and authority
- Royal association with government, politicians, and higher officials
- Desire fulfillment and goal accomplishments
- Some health ailments relating to eye or heart
- Unwanted quarrels, tiffs with peers at work
- Good placements can enhance leadership skills and high social profile, strengthens the core of the being
Rahu Mahadasha Moon Antardasha
Moon and Rahu affect a native’s thought patterns and state of mind. Wavering, scattered thoughts, incomplete actions, immoral ideas/desires are common if the planets are debilitated.
- Defamation through bad habits, unethical activities
- Overflow of emotions disrupted thought process
- Changes in the inner psyche and cruel thoughts
- Increase in hostility and lack of support in family
- Financial collapse and mental stress
- The threat of theft, evil spirits, and wild animals
- Positive effects may include clear conscience, great innovative ideas, the gain of wealth, and respect
Rahu Mahadasha Mars Antardasha
Mars and Rahu combo can inflict lethal effects on the native. It could be as drastic as death due to accidents or suicide. The effects of this dasabhukti are,
- Social challenges- enmity everywhere due to rash, aggressive behavior
- Impatience and manipulative. Misdirected courage and bravery.
- Blind, baseless adventurous behavior resulting in life risks
- Career obstructions and stagnation.
- Physical and mental distress. Fear of thieves, fire, and weapons
- Good placements of Rahu and Mars can be favorable, leads to great professional and social heights
- New job, acquisition of assets, rich clothes, and long journeys.