Dasa is a planetary cycle based on the Nakshatra a person is born in. It is a time period ruled by a particular planet that unfolds during one’s lifetime. They denote good and bad effects on the planet. These periods of planetary influence are called Dasa or Mahadasha, and it has subdivisions called Bhukthi or Antardashas.
The Dasa begins from the native’s Time of birth, and the first Mahadasha will always be of the ruling planet of the Nakshatra, followed by an orderly series of Mahadashas. There are many dasha systems in Vedic astrology- Vimshottari, Kalachakra, Yogini, Ashtottari, Jaimini, and Chara Dasha. To check your current mahadasha and antardasha, using dasa bhukti calculator.
Life is cumulative of Time and energy. Considering the time factor, imagine life as a clock. The two hands denote Dasa & Bhukti. The large hour hand shows MahaDasha, and the Small minute hand shows Bhukthi. Like an hour encompasses multiple minutes, Mahadasha includes various Bhukthis.
Given below Birth Details for the following input:
- Date Friday, February 03, 2023
- Time 04:45:00 AM
- Ashburn, Virginia, United States of America
Major Period - Jupiter
From: 2017-10-12 11:09:20
To: 2033-10-12 08:16:32
Minor Period - Mercury
From: 2022-06-12 18:18:55
To: 2024-09-17 15:30:26
Duration of Planetary Period
Mahadasha -> AntarDasha (Bhukti) -> Pratyantar Dasha
Current Dasha Calculator
Enter your Birth date, time, and place of birth (location) to get your Mahadasha and Antardasha Report
How is Dasa Bhukti Calculated?
Dasa Bhukti is calculated based on the placement of the Moon during the time of birth. The Lord of the birth Nakshatra rules the first Dasa, and it lasts based on the Lord. Here is a table on brith star, ruling Lord and the time period,
The planetary order follows the same sequence mentioned above. The dasa cycle flows from the point of the ruling planet. for example, a native with Rohini Nakshatra begins their life from Moon Mahadasha, followed by Mars, Rahu, Jupiter, and so on. One complete dasa cycle is a time period of 120years.
Dasa has subdivisions called Bhukthi or Antardashas. Bhukthi holds detailed information about specific life events and their occurrence in a native’s life. Bhukthi also follows the same planetary sequence of Sun, Moon, Mars, Rahu, Jupiter, Saturn, Mercury, Ketu, and Venus.
To Calculate The Period Of Bhukti During a Mahadasha,
Mahadasha of the Planet
———————————X period of the antardasha planet = Antardasha period (in years)
For example, Antardasha of planet Sun in Mahadasha of Moon will be 10 years x 6 years divided by 120 years = 0.5 years i.e. 6 months.
Antardasha of Planet Jupiter in Mahadasha of Sun will be= 6years x 16years divided by 120 years=, 9months and 6days.
Click Here to find your Dasa Major Period and Bhukti Minor Period Using Mahadasha Calculator or Antardasha Calculator or Vimshottari Dasha Calculator.
What is the Significance?
- Dasa and Bhukthis are highly influenced by Moon signs, the houses and Yogas, and Drishti- aspects in the natal chart. Dasa and Bhukthi of the lord of the ascendant – nakshatra ruler is a time period of self-discovery, building a deeper sense of self, surroundings, and character. This is one of the reasons why the first planetary Mahadasa plays a significant role in shaping an individual physically and mentally.
- The life of a native is unfolded based on the houses aspected or transited by the Dasa and Bhukthi planets from ascendant and natal moon signs. Events associated with those houses manifest during that particular dasa period.
- Dasa and Bhukthi of strongly placed planets- planets in their own sign, exalted or with directional strength (kendras) help the native achieve great heights of their life and brings out the innate capabilities.
- Various combinations of planets in DasaBhukti help us predict the exact future of the native. For instance, Dasa and/or Bhukti lord transiting to the 9th house from the ascendant Moon-sign usually results in happy and auspicious events like marriage, childbirth, etc.
- Dasa Bhukti and the transits of the Dasa and Bhukti lords can be utilized to predict a specific event like marriage and job change in life and zero in on the time of fructification of the specific event.