Dwadasamsa chart gives a magnified picture of 8th house of the D1 chart. This holds information on native’s lineage, parents and grandparents. It is analyzed alongside D3, D7, D9 charts to understand the familial dynamics of a native. This chart is also referred as “Suryamsa”. D12 chart by Sage Parashara and Jaimini’s sastras are widely used in Vedic astrology predictions.
Given below Dwadasamsa Chart for the following input:
The table below shows the dwadasamsa chart planetary position at the date, time, and place of birth as entered in the input form.
Choose a Date to Find Dwadasamsa Chart
In D12 chart, each sign is divided into 12 parts of 2°30´. Each unit is called Dwadasamsa; Dwadasa -12, amsa- unit. There are about 144units for all 12 signs.
1 Dwadasamsa= 30° /12- 2°30´.
The planet’s longitude is noted accurately and the Dwadasamsa unit is mapped. D12 chart is created by positioning the planets based on the amsa. The chart counting will start from the same sign where the planet is placed in D1chart.
Example: Lagna is in Scorpio at 7°, Jupiter in Taurus at 28°47’ and Sun is in Pisces at 21°14’. In D12 chart,
Lagna is in the 3rd amsa, so lagna is placed in Capricorn (3rd sign from Scorpio)
Jupiter is in 12th amsa, it is placed in Aries(12th sign from Taurus)
Sun is in 9th amsa, so it is placed in Scorpio (9th sign from Pisces)
Purpose of the Dwadasamsa Chart
- Dwadasamsa chart is a tool to understand the childhood and the parental influence on the native.
- Ancestral lineage and legacies, upbringing can be traced in this chart
- Karmic roots to a native’s current situation can be analyzed through this chart.
- Emotional chords towards a native’s parents, parental love and care, any hiccups in their relationships can be studied
- Financial status of the parents, wealth, fortune or debts that a native might possibly inherit through parents/grandparents is shown in this chart.
- Comforts and longevity of the parents, both maternal and paternal grandparents is predicted in this chart
Common Inferences on Dwadasamsa Chart
- Sun is the Karaka for Father, Moon is the karaka for Mother; Jupiter and Mercury are the karakas for Paternal and maternal grandparents. The position of these planets in the D12 chart determine the benefits a native can receive from the family.
- If the ascendant is occupied by a benefic planet or if the lord of the ascendant occupies 2nd, 5th 9th or 11th houses, the native enjoys warmth and continued support from the family.
- The reverse of the above i.e if the ascendant is occupied by a malefic planet or lord is exalted in those houses, the native is deprived of parental affection and grows to be a depressed child.
- If Sun is well placed and strengthened by the presence of benefic planets or aspected by friendly planets, the native enjoys great paternal love and inheritance; also becomes a well learned scholar.
- 4th house denotes life span and nature of the father; 6th house denotes genetic inheritance from the parents (hereditary diseases) and 11th house represents the wealth gains from ancestors and elders of the family.
- If 6th, 8th and 12th houses are occupied by malefic planets or debilitated, the native will not receive any support or love from the father. Native suffers a strained relationship as well.
Other Divisional Charts
Area of Influence
Body, Physical Matters and all General Matters
Fortune and Property
Spouse, Dharma and Relationships
Actions in Society, Profession
Parents (Paternal and Maternal Legacies)
Vehicles, Travelling and Comforts
Education, Learning and Knowledge (Academic Achievements)
Strengths and Weakness
For auspicious and inauspicious effects in horoscope
For all general indications (character and conduct of the native)
For all general indications (Past birth or Karma of the native)