The Shodasamsa or sixteenth divisional chart is used to analyze a native’s material attachments, vehicle and conveyances. Vedic astrology uses this chart to predict vehicle (vahana) related karma, lifestyle stability and travel. This chart is also referred as Kalamsa chart.
Given below Shodasamsa Chart for the following input:
The table below shows the shodasamsa chart planetary position at the date, time, and place of birth as entered in the input form.
Shodasamsa Chart Calculator
Enter your Date of Birth, Your exact time of birth, and place of birth to generate your shodasamsa chart. Next, find the position of all the planets at the time of your birth.
Using this Shodasamsa Chart Calculator, you can generate shodasamsa chart in North Indian style, East Indian style, and South Indian styles based on Vedic Astrology.
Choose a Date to Find Shodasamsa Chart
Shodasamsa Chart Calculation
Each sign is divided into 16 pada of 1°52’30” each. This pada or amsa is called Shodasamsa. Lord Brahma, Lord Vishnu, Lord Shiva, Surya Deva are the deities of the Shodasamsas. This is the order followed for odd signs and it gets reversed in case of even signs; recurs 4 times in each sign for 16 amsas.
The calculation for the chart is based on the nature of the sign a planet is positioned in D1 chart.
- If the planet is in a movable sign (Aries, Cancer, Libra and Capricorn) counting starts from Aries
- If the planet is in a fixed sign (Taurus, Leo, Scorpio, Aquarius) counting begins from Leo
- and if the planet is in dual sign (Gemini, Virgo, Sagittarius, Pisces) counting starts from Sagittarius.
Purpose of the Shodasamsa Chart
- This chart shows the fruits from vehicles, protective shelter, sense of belongingness.
- D16 chart is used to foresee any danger or ill effects through the vehicle or other modes of travel
- This house also denotes the emotional well-being of a native from the conveyances, vehicle and other moving objects in their life.
- The level of happiness or fear/anxiety associated with the moving resources is available in the chart.
- D16 can be used to evaluate type of vehicle, the purchase decisions and favourable period to purchase
- Probable losses from the moving resources and amenities through theft, vandals, accidents can be predicted.
Common Inferences on Shodasamsa Chart or D16
- According to Maharishi Parashara, the lagna of the D16 chart denotes the magnitude of luxuries and comforts from the movable assets of a native. If occupied by a benefic planet the native tends to own a luxury vehicle like a sports car.
- Venus is the natural significator(karaka) of luxuries and vehicles. Venus along with Mars and Moon play vital role in this chart; their position and the lords they are aspected by, influence a variety of factors related to vehicles and other moving amenities.
- If the ascendant is occupied by a malefic planet or the lagna lord is placed in the house of its enemy, the native suffers bad effects from the vehicle owned or the desire of owning a vehicle remains unfulfilled.
- When the 6th house and 11th house of the D16 chart are beneficial, the native enjoys gains and great deal of luck from the moving assets. If its occupied by malefic planets or if the lord is debilitated by malefic planets, the native suffers loan problems, disputes and other financial losses with no recovery
- Social status, happiness and even financial incomes from the moving resources of the native is reflected in the third and ninth house of the D16 chart. When occupied by a malefic planet like Saturn or debilitated by Rahu ketu, the native loses the vehicle to theft, accidents or litigations.
- 4thhouse and 7thhouse of the chart represents conveyance and vehicular comforts a native might receive through external factors like employer, friends and relatives. When these houses are vacant or occupied by debilitated planets, native might incur expenses from non-owned vehicles.
16 Vargas / Divisional Charts
The below table gives significations about the Divisional Charts
Area of Influence
Body, Physical Matters and all General Matters
Fortune and Property
Spouse, Dharma and Relationships
Actions in Society, Profession
Parents (Paternal and Maternal Legacies)
Vehicles, Travelling and Comforts
Education, Learning and Knowledge (Academic Achievements)
Strengths and Weakness
For auspicious and inauspicious effects in horoscope
For all general indications (character and conduct of the native)
For all general indications (Past birth or Karma of the native)