Vimsamsa chart or D20 chart is analysed for spiritual inclination, philosophical nature, devotion quotient of an individual. Maharishi Parashara and Jaimini shastras advocates D20 chart study to understand a native’s meditation, spiritual pursuit and religious activities.
Given below Vimsamsa chart for the following input:
The table below shows the Vimsamsa chart planetary position at the date, time, and place of birth as entered in the input form.
Vimsamsa Chart Calculator
Enter your Date of Birth, Your exact time of birth, and place of birth to generate your vimsamsa chart. Next, find the position of all the planets at the time of your birth.
Using this Vimsamsa Chart Calculator, you can generate birth charts in North Indian style, East Indian style, and South Indian styles based on Vedic Astrology.
Choose a Date to Find Vimsamsa Chart
Vimsamsa chart Calculation
Every sign of 30º is divided into 20 pada of 1º30΄ each. Each pada is called Vimsamsa. There are about 240 Vimsamsa for all the whole of zodiac.
D20 chart is calculated based on the nature of the sign a planet is located in the Natal chart,
- For a planet placed in a movable sign, counting starts from Aries,
- If a planet is in fixed sign, the counting starts from Sagittarius and
- If it is in dual sign, the counting starts from Leo.
Purpose of the Vimsamsa chart
- Vimsamsa chart is seen for a native’s spiritual and philosophical growth during their life period.
- A native’s religious beliefs, the magnitude of faith, devotion and worship towards their Ishtadevata can be examined
- The spiritual and dharma quotient, mental capabilities in imbibing divine processes are shown in the chart. Path of Siddhi(jnana Maarga), Guru-shishya parampara of a native can be studied.
- This chart also helps us understand Mantra siddhi, spiritual abilities like Penance, enlightenment, occult studies also a native’s religious and spiritual practices.
Common Inferences on D20 or Vimsamsa chart
• The ascendant and the ascendant lord have great impact on spiritual life and its stability.
• 5,8,9 and 12 houses in D20 are considered important to assess the spiritual life of a native. These houses signify,
i. 5th house signifies the deity
ii. 8thhouse signifies occult powers, clairvoyance
iii. 9thand12house signifies the Guru, moksha and karmic patterns of spiritual life.
iv. The 8th house signifies occult powers.
• Planetary Placement in 5th and 8th houses and their lords in D-20 indicates actual and real spiritual inclination differentiated from a modern outlook approach towards spirituality. These planets enable in aligning the human consciousness with the radiating cosmic truth.
o In addition, if these planets are exalted and/or occupy own sign, the native tends to possess highest spiritual power and can become an influential spiritual guru.
• Important Planets pertaining to this D20 chart are Saturn, Mars, Moon, Sun and Venus. Here are some aspects based on planets,
* Planet Saturn must be strong and well placed in D20 also collaboration of Moon and Saturn aids spiritual powers.
* If Mars is in moon’s house and moon is in Mars’s house will lead to success spiritual life and enlightenment.
* Additionally, Venus and Sun aspect the above said planets is also ideal for great spiritual path
• Houses of signs Pisces, Scorpio and Cancer are also considered important for spiritual life.
• Combination of 4 or more planets in one house is important to predict about spirituality.
• If four or more planets fall within 30 degrees of a sign, the native will take up sanyasa/Brahmacharya. And it is commonly noted that almost all the sanyasins show an afflicted 4th fourth in D20.
16 Vargas / Divisional Charts
The below table gives significations about the Divisional Charts
Area of Influence
Body, Physical Matters and all General Matters
Fortune and Property
Spouse, Dharma and Relationships
Actions in Society, Profession
Parents (Paternal and Maternal Legacies)
Vehicles, Travelling and Comforts
Education, Learning and Knowledge (Academic Achievements)
Strengths and Weakness
For auspicious and inauspicious effects in horoscope
For all general indications (character and conduct of the native)
For all general indications (Past birth or Karma of the native)